Traffic is the lifeblood of any online marketing business because it's impossible to convert sales if nobody sees your offers.
There are lots of different theories circulating about the best way to get enough traffic to make a decent income on the internet but the fact of the matter is that there is only 1 way to get people to visit your website.
In order to get website visitors you absolutely must SPEND.
You have to spend 1 of 2 valuable things – MONEY or TIME.
You can either spend money on traffic in the hope of getting a positive return on investment, or you can spend time on traffic generation strategies such as:
- publishing search engine optimized website content
- creating engaging social media posts
- clicking for credits at traffic exchanges and safelists
- posting on classified ad sites
Unfortunately there is no ‘free' way. Traffic generation costs you whichever way you look at it.
The key to success with paid traffic is the ability to make more in sales than you spend on ads. This is pretty difficult because you need:
- a high converting lead capture page, sales funnel and follow up sequence
- the ability to recognise the advertising opportunities which have the most potential for your funnels
- the ability to create ads which get the attention and interest of your target audience
- the ability to track clicks and conversions so you can see which traffic sources convert best
- an advertising budget which is large enough to determine average earnings per click for a given funnel and traffic source so that you can determine whether an ad campaign is likely to yield a positive ROI when you scale up the budget
- the confidence to invest large amounts on advertising when a profitable campaign is identified
That's a lot of things you need to get right to make money from paid advertising sources but this has been my business model for pretty much all of my marketing career. Click here to read more about finding effective advertising.